Monday, January 11, 2010

Preggie Pop Drops

I'm a skeptic. I readily admit it. So when these little things were introduced and claimed to help keep "morning" (ha!) sickness at bay, I figured it was just one more way to milk easily duped pregnant women into dropping yet more cash on something that isn't really a necessity. (have you seen the new "necessary" item lists for nurseries and layettes? HELLO!)

But this past week has been so bad, I finally caved and splurged on these babies. At over $6 for just 21 lozenge type drops in a container, they weren't cheap, but I figured if they made the constant nausea just a little more tolerable (on the days that Gatorade and saltines aren't doing the trick), then it would be worth it.

And you know what-they actually seem to help.

Maybe I've just been sucked in. Maybe I drank the Kool-Aid. But you know what? At this point, I really don't care if it is only a placebo effect. Aside from the one time that popping one of these things in sent my gag reflex into overdrive, they have helped. And I'll take whatever help I can get.

Oh, and just for the record-on the days that Gatorade and saltines doesn't help, and the Preggie Pop Drops don't seem to do much, I live with a bowl of lemon wedges very nearby. Preferably as close to my head as possible. Not sure why it helps, but the lemony fresh scent seems to quell the waves of nausea that are trying to swallow me whole.

Like I said, I'll take whatever works. Even if it only works for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment