Tuesday, January 26, 2010

10

10 weeks.

double digits.

25% of the way there!

Oh happy day.

Not to mention that the bloating seems to be subsiding just a tad. Today's TP measurement was roughly 7 3/4 squares-down a bit from last week. Thank goodness. And the nausea is lessening too. Hallelujah! No weight gained yet, but my appetite has returned with a vengeance, so I'm sure that lack of change on the scale won't last too long.

After not being able to find the heartbeat for this little one for a few days, I finally picked it up again this afternoon. It apparently likes to sit right behind an artery of mine, so it takes some maneuvering to get the doppler pointed in just the right direction to pick up the baby's heartbeat behind my own unbelievably loud pulse.

Hubby is finishing up his CNA so he can start nursing school so he is spending plenty of time playing with his stethoscope and sphygmomanometer. In plain English: he's been stellar at monitoring my blood pressure. Not that I have blood pressure issues, in fact it's rather low lately. It's fun to freak him out with that. Usually I'm 90-ish/60ish, the other day I was 88/38. I hadn't been up for long though, so I got up, walked around, and made it to 90/52. That made him happier. After a little work on Google, I learned that apparently lower blood pressure is not uncommon during the first 24wks of pregnancy. Works for me!

And now, there are cupcakes in the kitchen in desperate need of frosting. Mini cupcakes no less. I did mention that my appetite is back, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment