Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One of the best sounds in the entire world

Anyone who has been anxiously waiting on hearing that sweet sound for the first time can tell you....there is little more amazing that hearing the heartbeat of the tiny little baby growing inside you.

Today I am 9 weeks. My baby is roughly an inch long. An inch! And yet in the comfort of my own home I was able to hear it's little heartbeat thundering away.

I have rented a doppler in the early weeks of my last couple of pregnancies, and it has always been worth it. For less than the cost of going out to dinner I get a month's worth of reassurance that things are going ok in there. In the days when it's too early to feel anything moving around, it's too early to really be growing and showing, some indication (other than feeling gross all the time) that things are going well is much appreciated.

Here is my reassurance:



Our baby has a heartbeat!
(and yes, I really do know that I am 9 weeks TOday, not 9 weeks and one day. Hey, sometimes the days seem to bleed into another and I forget what day it is!)

It's funny-you'd think that after going through this so many times it would lose some of it's magic.

Nope.
Not one little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment