Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Just peachy - 13 weeks


Ok, not really, but baby is the size of a peach (awww...), so it sounds cute, right?

Let's be brutally honest here for a minute.

I am so ready to be done with being sick. SO ready. A few of my pregnancies have seen the grossness last until week 16 or even a bit beyond that, and I'm kind of thinking that's where I'm heading with this one.
The good days are finally coming occasionally, but it seems like in exchange for that the sick days make me sicker. Last night was bad enough that dinner consisted of a few bites of mashed potatoes and that was pushing it. That was the most substantial thing I'd eaten all day. It continued throughout the evening and ended with me being about a quarter of a inch away from crying myself to sleep because I was so nauseous/crampy/hurting/uncomfortable/miserable.

Ahh, good times!

I do have to say that with the continual practice I am getting better at faking my way through the crap though, most people would assume that I'm doing just fine or have no clue (unless they've heard the kids should it from the rooftops) that I am even pregnant.

Ever the tough chick, I woke up on Saturday morning-feeling particularly gaggy- and dragged a friend out for an almost 5 mile run. (it's nice to have friends who help you indulge in your crazy side!) I was thankfully able to push through the rest of that day and enjoy a Valentine's dinner and dance with my hubby. It was an exhausting night but a lot of fun. And just for the record, I won the limbo contest. Well, technically I tied since there was one other person still in with me, but had I not been in a dress, I totally would have schooled him! :) Glad to still be able to limbo at 13 weeks.

I'm afraid that if I don't keep running through these nasty sick weeks, that when I feel good enough to run I won't have it in me anymore. It's been an uphill battle to get beyond 4 miles since my tonsillectomy back in December, I'm not willing to give up any of the ground I've gained! So I push through the sick whenever I can, and do my best to ignore it the rest of the time. Fake it till you make it, right?

Anyway, the days are rolling right along (except the ones that painfully drag by), but no real changes yet. Still bloated as all get out, but no real belly growth. I feel like I'm poking out a bit, but all of the clothes seem to still fit fine (thank goodness!). The TP measurement is holding steady at 8 squares.... Gaining a little-up 3lbs now-so I guess it's good that the nausea is keeping my eating in check. I don't usually start gaining anything until 16-20wks, so that scares me just a tad.

Other than that, I'm thrilled to be leaving the first trimester in the dust, looking forward to feeling this little creature's dancing get stronger and more frequent and hoping to start feeling human again soon!

13 weeks:


No comments:

Post a Comment