Friday, February 12, 2010

The cat is out of the bag

Well, I didn't get to keep it a secret for as long as I hoped, but it was longer than the last pregnancy so I guess that's good.

After being asked point blank if I was pregnant, Aaron had to answer someone. Who happened to be at my father's 60th birthday party. With about 100 other people. After she pinned him down on it he grabbed me and said "You'd better go tell your parents. NOW." And so I did. I feel a little bad about it, as we had decided not to tell them that night because we didn't want to steal any of the thunder from his big event. I really just wanted all of the focus to be on him and not at all on me.
Oh well. Everyone seemed very excited and happy for us, which was a treat because that hasn't always been the reaction we've received. My sister was especially excited as she is due in May. Last time she had a baby it was three months after I had a baby (my 6th), so it will be fun to have it the other way around. That time around mine was a boy and hers was a girl, this time around hers is a boy...it will be funny if mine is a girl! (I think so....I guess we'll find out in a little less than 2 months....)

Now that the kids know, I'm sure the rest of the world will know very soon. Very soon.

Ready or not, here it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment