Thursday, April 1, 2010

on my doorstep today


For a couple of days I've had a hard time facing people, so opening the door is a gamble.

This morning the door bell rang and I gathered myself up to go see who I would be facing.

It was a box.
phew.

This box

sat there outside my door.

The last few things I needed for the kids' Easter outfits. A couple of sweater vests, church socks for the boys (can you believe with all those pairs of socks in this house, it is always a scramble to find church socks?), little sweaters to go over the girls' dresses.

And one more thing.

When I placed this order last Tuesday, I couldn't pass up this little bright yellow polo for my new baby boy. There's just something about yellow.

Did you see the color? Sunbeam. A little extra sunshine is good right now.

So nice that this tiny bright yellow shirt made me smile this morning instead of making me sad. Yes I know he may never wear it, but even if he doesn't, it will stay tucked away with my things, a little bit of sunshine to hold on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment