Friday, June 25, 2010

Still waiting.......

It's almost 4:30 on a Friday afternoon. I'm thinking that the odds are very much on the side of not hearing back from Perinatology today about the MRI results.

Another long weekend of waiting. Hopefully Monday will bring some news.

I keep thinking of when my Peri said (last Thursday), "I'm leading committee tomorrow with Perinatology, Neonatology and Radiology, so if things are pretty clear cut and easy to see and we have a chance to go over it, I may be able to call you tomorrow afternoon." That "tomorrow afternoon" was a week ago.

I'm trying to convince myself that they are just very busy (which I KNOW they are), they are dealing with some very rare cases (which I also know they are, especially since I've connected online with a woman whose baby is one of those cases), and that just because I haven't heard anything yet doesn't necessarily mean things are that much worse than we've seen previously and not "clear cut and easy to see". *sigh*
A couple of the days this week I've been fairly convincing. A few others, not so much.

So now we wait.
And pray for patience.
And hope for a phone call on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment