Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reasoning in the pregnant brain

I had a movie pop up on Netflix today. One of those "Since you liked ___ and ____, we recommend this!" The movie? The Spirit of the Marathon.

Sounds good to me!

I had some busy work to do and was looking for a movie to have on in the background.

My line of thinking?
I love running. If I weren't pregnant I would be signed up for a couple of marathons for this season. Since I can't run every day at this point, and am really missing long runs and actually working towards an event, I would love to watch this documentary as it follows others doing the things I can't right now. Some inspiration would be great! Yes! Perfect movie to watch!

And then I cried through half of it.
Ugh.

Don't get me wrong, I would not trade pregnancy for anything in the world. And if being pregnant meant that I would never run again for the rest of my life, it's a trade I would be willing to make.
But there are days that I do miss that little part of the "normal" me.

I'm not sure why I thought that watching other people train, prepare for and run the marathon would help me feel better about not running right now myself. It didn't. It made me miss it. Even more.

But also made me darn sure that barring any serious complications that render me unable to do so, there will be marathons on the calendar for next year.

Never trust the logic of a hormonal emotional pregnant woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment