Friday, June 25, 2010

Numbers

My husband has had a couple of days off work this week. It's been wonderful.

One of the best things is actually hanging out in bed for a bit in the morning. Usually he's gone by 5:30 every morning, and let's be honest, that's not exactly a lounging around in bed hanging out talking kind of hour. Especially if one of you isn't much of a morning person.

So this morning as we were just laying there talking about nothing, we decided to do some math.
As of today I have been pregnant for 2121 days. 303 weeks.

That's kind of a long time.

(I did realize later that this doesn't include the weeks from the pregnancy that I miscarried. But since very few people knew about that anyway, that's ok!)

I'm a numbers geek.

I notice weird things; like the fact that my almost 2yr old stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at a whopping 23lbs.
And when I saw the 23 I realized that today she is 23 months old. 23lbs at 23months.
Would have been even cooler if today were the 23rd, but that's ok.

Anyway, I like numbers. Not that I've really been able to pick my kids bdays-even the ones with which I was induced since the dr's schedule kind of dictated that more than my preference. If so my 3rd child would have been born on 11/1/01 instead of 10/30/01. But the whole 10/01 thing was ok.

Yes I know, I have problems.

Back to the point-
Since all those 7s and 3s and 21s line up today (2121 days, divided by 7 = 303 weeks), and we are aiming for a vaginal delivery to avoid a section-which the dr has mentioned is perfectly feasible around 35-36wks if head size is still within possible range, I'm thinking that 7/21 would be a great birthday. That puts me right in between 35 and 36, and gives me a few weeks left in pregnancy to feel like I'm ready for this whole process to begin.

I don't think I'll really be ready for this whole thing no matter when it happens, but hey, we can pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment